Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 5

Monday 10-5-09

I stayed home sick today but took some time to read over basic Java script.

Tuesday 10-6-09

To avoid further confusion with the "C Programming Language" book I spend today supplementing my knowledge with a C beginner tutorial on http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html This has been helping me a great deal as it fills in gaps left by the C book which assumes a proficiency in many things i have no experience in.

Wednesday 10-7-09

With what I've learned on http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html I spend most of the period going back to the C book and determining which questions had been answered and which have still yet to be explained. I went back and forth between the two tutorials and so far it seems a much better method of learning than using one of the two on their own. The online tutorial give more detail on simple subjects while the hard copy counterpart give a more general challenge.

Thursday 10-8-09

I spent the majority of the period on the online tutorial. particularly helpful has been the explanation of strings it offers and a far more comprehensible section on arrays. however the Event functions were somewhat unhelpful so i reached out to third and fourth sources to help me. after reading the explanations offered by others i feel far more confident on the topic.

Friday 10-9-09

With my decision to create an artifical life program for my science fair project finally definite i consulted Mr Elkner. He said, and i agree, that it would be best to make this program in Python. My only concern so far has been which visual program to use. Most likely I will use Jython when writing the program so i can write the majority in Python with only the visual aspect being handled in Java script.

1 comment:

  1. Careful, Mr. Crowe, JavaScript and Java are completely different languages with very little in common. Jython is Python written in Java, *not* JavaScript.

    ReplyDelete